Wireless Data Collection
Real-time collection of data via wireless monitoring systems allows users to make quick and accurate decisions.
Wireless Data Collection Systems – An Overview
- Current data collection systems allow users to collect data wirelessly, easily, reliably, and in a cost-effective manner.
- Systems can be either fully automated (RSTAR) or semi-automated (DT Link).
- Data collection systems can be configured to suit user preference, layout of the instrumentation, and access to the project site.
Accurate Data for Improved Asset Management
- Wireless data collection systems can be programmed to warn engineers of changing parameters in real-time. As a result, employee safety is improved, and costly production disruptions are minimized.
The Path to Success – Core Data Collection Components
- Typical wireless data collection systems are comprised of sensors (instruments) connected to data loggers (DT Series). These pairings are known as nodes.
- RST’s “DT Series” Data Loggers accommodate the RSTAR and DT Link Wireless Systems and are powered by a single lithium cell which provides years of battery life.
- Compatible sensor types include:
- Vibrating Wire,
- Digitally Bussed Sensors,
- 4-20 mA Sensors,
- MEMS Tilt Sensors,
- Potentiometers, and
- Strain Gauge (full bridge) Sensors.
- Fully automated collection.
- Ideal for remote site locations or where frequent data collection is required.
- Nodes use radio telemetry to connect to a central data logger (RSTAR Hub), which acts as the main access point.
- Hub has its own data logger, antenna, and power.
- Range from the node to Hub is up to 14 km.
- Semi-automated collection.
- Ideal for on-site data collection where the data logger is within line of sight of the user.
- Nodes connect wirelessly to a hand-held portable hub with USB laptop connection and host software.
- Ranges from node to portable hub can be up to 500 m and 800 m.
RST’s “DT Series” Data Loggers accommodate the RSTAR and DT Link Wireless Systems and are powered by a single lithium ‘D’ cell which provides years of battery life.
Compatible sensor types include:
- Vibrating Wire
- MEMS Tilt Sensors
- Strain Gauge (full bridge) Sensors
- Digitally Bussed Sensors
- 4-20 mA Sensors
VIEW ALL APPLICATIONS