Great People – Great Culture – Great Innovation
Since 1977, RST Instruments Ltd. is a world leader in the design, manufacturing and sale of innovative geotechnical, environmental and structural monitoring instruments. RST’s monitoring instruments are integral components for major dams, mines, tunnels, pipelines, bridges and buildings around the world. Our ongoing success continues to foster a high growth environment that is full of exciting new market opportunities and product needs. If you want to work with top talent in an engaging culture that embraces innovation, leadership and collaboration while receiving a competitive compensation & benefits package, then RST would love to meet with you. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for all submissions and questions regarding employment opportunities at RST.
Senior Cost Accountant – temporary (potential for permanent)
The Senior Cost Accountant will perform duties related to product costing, product manufacturing analysis, and inventory/WIP valuation. The focus of the position will be related to cleaning up the inventory item master and Bills of Materials (BOM’s) and developing policies and processes to maintain cost accuracy. This role will work under the supervision and guidance of the Financial Analyst and the CFO. The Senior Cost Accountant will interact with many stakeholders working in inventory control, purchasing, production, manufacturing engineering and product design. This is a 2-4 project-based temporary placement with the potential to extend or for the placement to become permanent.
- Review BOM’s for accuracy, work with stakeholders to update items and routers, and roll costs where necessary.
- Review item master setup and item costs for accuracy and update/clean up as needed.
- Develop and prepare month-end analyses related to product costing.
- Maintain and improve processes and controls associated with raw materials, sub-assemblies and finished goods valuation.
- Ensure validity and accuracy of ERP data through analysis, internal audit, and coordination with inventory control, production, manufacturing engineering and engineering design.
- Assist in developing and documenting policies and procedures, including system requirements and internal controls.
- Assist with developing new product introduction (NPI) process as it relates to ERP item master and costing requirements.
- Assist in process mapping and documenting the creation and maintenance of raw materials, sub-assemblies and finished goods with the goal of streamlining the process.
- Develop methodology for calculating labour and overhead rates that can be easily updated based on changing cost structure
- Assist with preparing data and processes for an ERP implementation
Required knowledge and skills to succeed in this role:
- Proven experience in a Senior Cost Accountant or similar role in an electronics manufacturing environment (5+ years of accounting/cost accounting experience)
- Familiarity with Standard Costing a must
- Demonstrated ability to plan and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy and the ability to multi-task
- Must be comfortable in a fast paced and deadline-driven environment
- Organized, self-driven, reliable, and able to carry out tasks autonomously and collaboratively
- Passion for finding solutions to problems is a must
- Experience with multi-currency environment
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook); proficiency in Excel in particular
- Hands on ERP experience a must
- The ability to dig in and learn systems quickly
- CPA (CA, CGA, CMA) and/or bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance preferred
Please contact us at email@example.com for all submissions and questions regarding employment opportunities at RST.