Track Monitoring System
The Track Monitoring System is intended for monitoring settlement and twist of railroad tracks which may be affected by nearby construction activity, such as tunnelling or adjacent excavation, or which are located near hazardous zones such as potential washout or landslide areas. The Track Monitoring System consists of bussed settlement sensors mounted longitudinally along the track alignment, typically with a mount spacing of 2 or 3 meters and one, or several, track twist sensors mounted perpendicularly to the settlement sensors.
- Railroad track monitoring in construction zones.
- Railroad track monitoring in geologically unstable areas (prone to washout, landslide, etc).
- Range of ±15°.
- Resolution (digital) of ±2 arc sec. (±0.0006°) (0.01 mm/m).
- Non-linearity (digital) of ±0.0125% F.S. (±0.002°) (0.03 mm/m).
- Repeatability (digital) of ±0.0125% F.S. (±0.002°) (0.03 mm/m).
- Sensor: MEMS (Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems) Inclinometer.
- Operating Temp of -40 to 85°C (-40 to 185°F).