Casagrande Standpipe Piezometer
RST’s Casagrande Standpipe Piezometer tip consists of a slotted PVC body that encloses and protects a porous plastic filter element. A PVC Riser Pipe (available from RST) is connected to the tip and extended to the surface. A CPVC body is available for leachate extraction. The Casagrande Standpipe Piezometer is mainly used for measurement of piezometric levels and pore water pressures in soil and rock formations where the time lag and high displacement requirements inherent in standpipes are not crucial, and where the presence of standpipes will not hinder construction. Water elevation in the riser pipe is measured using a Water Level Meter. Alternatively, a Vibrating Wire Piezometer can be lowered in the pipe to allow remote reading.
- Monitoring of pore pressures in dams and embankments.
- Slope stability investigation and leachate extraction.
- Groundwater sampling, monitoring, dewatering and drainage operations.
- Pore Diameter 70 micron
- Permeability 3 x 10-4 m/s (low air entry)
- Maximum O.D. 1.32 in. (3.35 cm)
- Minimum I.D. 0.63 in. (1.6 cm)
- Filter Area 37.69 sq. in. (243 sq. cm)
- Body Material 1 in. PVC
- Accepts 1 in., 0.75 in. and 0.5 in. PVC solvent weld riser pipe.