GAA Slope Monitoring System
Geo-Acoustic Aware (GAA) is a low-cost, reliable solution for the spatial infill of ground movement data instead of traditional instrumentation (Inclinometers, ShapeArray) at shallow depths, and to allow for early warning of movement. It is used in conjunction with Inclinometers, In-Place Inclinometers, ShapeArray (SAA), piezometers, weather sensors, and other instruments to monitor slow to moderate slope movement rates in landslides, roads and highways, pipelines and tailings dams.
The data logger setup and future data collection is done using a laptop. RST’s DT Logger Host Software is also included. Wireless communication via the RSTAR network allows the data to be combined with other data sets and boasts a large open country Hub-to-Node range. View the RSTAR brochure for complete details.
A low-cost solution that can be used for spatial infill of data from traditional instruments in landslides, roads and highways, pipelines and tailings dams.
- Reporting Units: Ring Down Count (RDC)
- Memory Records: Up to 600,000 records including time, RDC
- Power Source: Lithium ‘D’ cell battery
- Communication: RSTAR, USB (for setup)
- Memory Size: 4MB
- Data Transfer: 2,300 data points per second
- Interval Mode: 1 hour recommended (optional 15 minutes)