MEMS Tilt Beams measure differential movements in structures and consist of a MEMS sensor mounted on a rigid, fibreglass beam. The beam is mounted on anchor bolts set into the structure. They can be installed on any structure by joining together lengths of beams and are extremely accurate in generating movement profiles over long distances.
- Monitoring the effects of tunnelling and excavating on nearby buildings and other structures.
- Monitoring the movement of tunnel walls and railway tracks.
- Monitoring the stability of structures where slope instability is occurring.
- Monitoring the deflection of bridges and beams under load.
- Range of ±15°
- Resolution (digital) of ±2 arc sec. (±0.0006°) (0.01 mm/m)
- Resolution (analog) of ±5 arc sec. (±0.025 mm/m) (10Hz BW)