TENSMEG: Tension Measuring Gauge for 7-Wire Strands
The TENSMEG (tension measuring gauge) for monitoring strains in 7-wire strands, is an elongated spiral strain gauge comprised of a Teflon® coated resistive wire, extending between two hard, rubber end anchors. The TENSMEG is an accurate and cost-effective means to examine load and strain in rock and soil anchors, and also in cable bolts used for rock support. Pre-stressed and post-tensioned concrete load and strain may also be effectively measured.
- Measure load and strain in 0.6” (15.2 mm), 7-wire strands.
- Measure load and strain in the bond length of rock and solid anchors.
- Measure load and strain in prestressed and post-tensioned concrete.
- Measure load and strain in cable bolts used as ground support in underground and open pit mines.
- Full Scale Tension: Exceeds 50,000 µε
- Full Scale Compression: 3000 µ, dependent on level of pre-tension applied during installation
- Resolution: 1 µε
- Accuracy: 2% F.S.
- Length: 48 cm (18.9 in) – other lengths available upon request
- Gauge Factor: 2.0 nominal
- Gauge Resistance: 120 Ohm