Profile Monitoring System for Tunnel Concrete Segments
The RST Profile Monitoring System for Tunnel Concrete Segments is a series of tilt meters, fixed to the tunnel wall on each of the precast concrete segments erected in place as tunnel lining by a Tunnel Boring Machine (TBM). The system is based on the assumption that each concrete segment is a rigid body and that the complete ring deforms by rotation of the individual segments one relative to the other, and the rotation points are the contact surfaces between adjacent segments.
- Monitor the convergence of precast concrete segments in TBM-driven tunnels during construction for control and safety.
- Monitor tunnel deformation due to nearby construction activities.
- Monitoring long term deformation and performance of existing tunnels.
- Range of ±15°
- Resolution of ±2 arc sec. (±0.0006°) (0.01 mm/m).
- Non-linearity of ±0.0125% F.S. (±0.002°) (0.03 mm/m).
- Repeatability of ±0.0125% F.S. (±0.002°) (0.03 mm/m)
- Sensor: MEMS (Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems) Accelerometer, Digital Bus.