Magnetic Settlement System
RST Instruments Magnetic Settlement Systems are available in 3 main configurations which monitor either heave or settlement in soil and rock.
1) Magentic Settlement System with Flush Threaded PVC Pipe
2) Magentic Settlement System with Inclinometer Casing
3) Magentic Settlement System with 1.5” Corrugated Pipe
All 3 configurations listed below use an RST Reed Switch Probe to provide a reading in the magnetic zones allocated along the length of the borehole. Installations are typically vertical, however, horizontal applications may be accommodated utilizing installation rods to insert the probe.All are designed to be simple, accurate, and provide long term reliability at a low cost.
- Monitor settlement or heave associated with construction, mining, and tunneling.
- When used around inclinometer casing, deformation in the third axis can be monitored.
- Subsidence monitoring.
- Displacement of retaining walls, piers, and abutments.
- Bottom heave of excavations.
- Relaxations of rock around tunnel openings.
- Foundation settlement monitoring.
- Embankments and fills.