MEMS Digital In-Place Inclinometer System
The new standard in lateral deformation monitoring
Up to 2x better battery life over previous models when used with DT series data loggers.
Tool free assembly makes installation up to 70% faster.
Lighter weight means more sensors can be installed in a borehole to create longer deformation profiles.
New design enables quicker delivery. Get your IPI on-site faster.
Custom gauge lengths
Flexible monitoring with customizable special-order gauge lengths to meet your requirements at a budget that wins bids.
Standard two-year warranty on your new IPI.
RST’s new, MEMS Digital In-Place Inclinometer (IPI) System is designed to reliably measure lateral movement in and around dams, embankments, landfills, landslides, piles, piers, retaining walls, and abutments, particularly when continuous remote monitoring is required. It provides an early warning for movements, essential for protecting life and equipment.
Each IPI employs MEMS accelerometer sensors housed inside a 28.6 mm (1.125 in.) diameter, watertight, stainless steel enclosure. The sensor body is rigidly connected to a 25.4 mm (1.0 in.) diameter bay rod which establishes the length of the IPI. Multiple IPIs are assembled with pivots allowing for sensing of displacement over discreet, configurable intervals. Wheel assemblies centralize the pivot point and establish the azimuth of each IPI. They are available in sizes to fit 70 mm (2.75 in.) or 85 mm (3.34 in.) O.D. inclinometer casings.
The sensors are read through a connectorized signal cable designed to chain together multiple sensors. A data logger is used to monitor the deflection of each sensor on the digital bus. If necessary, an alarm can be triggered when movement reaches a threshold rate or magnitude.
Designed for ease of installation, serviceability and fast delivery, RST’s In-Place Inclinometer System comes standard for both biaxial and uniaxial in one model.
Ideal for monitoring of:
- Stability adjacent to excavations or underground workings
- Dams and embankments
- Deflection of piles, piers, abutments, or retaining walls.
Range: ±30° (Biaxial)
- Resolution: ±0.0002° (0.004 mm/m)
- Non-linearity: ±0.002° (0.03 mm/m)
- Sensor: MEMS (Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems) Accelerometer
- Gauge Length: 0.5 – 3 meters
- Wheel Assembly: 70 mm (2.75 in.), 85 mm (3.34 in.)
- Bay Rod Diameter: 25.4 mm (1.0 in.)
- Operating Temperature: -40 to 60°C (-40 to 140°F)
- IP68 200 m
- IPI27050-U-70mm (Vertical, 70mm)
- IPI27050-U-85mm (Vertical, 85mm)
- IPI27050-D-70mm (Horizontal, 70mm)
- IPI27050-D-85mm (Horizontal, 85mm)