Fully Grouted Multi-Point Piezometer String
Fully grouted installation permits multiple piezometers to be simply and reliably installed in a single borehole. The piezometer string and grout pipe are placed in the borehole and cement-bentonite grout is pumped until the borehole is filled.
Multi-point Piezometer Strings allow for multiple Vibrating Wire Piezometers to be connected on a single cable. This facilitates the installation of fully grouted multiple piezometers. The single cable prevents vertical void channels. Tough polyurethane jacketed, Kevlar® (Kevlar® is a registered trademark of E.I. duPont de Nemours and Company or its affiliates) reinforced, non-stretch cable is employed to withstand the rigors of installation and is entirely water-blocked to minimize any leakage. No conductors are shared to maximize independent reliability of each sensor.
- Ideal when more than one piezometer reading is needed at various depths – at the same location.
- Assessing performance and investigating stability of:
– earth fill dams & embankments
– slope stability
- Monitoring of:
– pressures behind retaining walls and diaphragm walls
– pore pressures during fill or excavation
– pore pressure in land reclamation applications
Kevlar® is a registered trademark of E.I. duPont de Nemours and Company or its affiliates.
- Over range: 2 X F.S.
- Resolution: 0.025% F.S. minimum
- Accuracy: 0.1% F.S.
- Operating Temperature: -20 to 80°C (-4 to 176°F)
- Diaphragm Displacement: <0.001 cc at F.S.
- Thermal Zero Shift: <0.05% F.S./°C
- Materials: Hermetically sealed stainless steel housing
- Thermistor Type: NTC 3K Ohms @ 25°C
- Thermistor Interchangeability: ±0.2°C
- Thermistor Resolution: 0.1°C
- Filter: 50 micron sintered filter